Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dance

Dance!

From Amy:

Last weekend Kelly invited my Mum and I to a dance concert. I’ve known Kelly my whole life, and as far as I’m concerned, she’s pretty much a fairy godmother. Not only is she an amazing artist and all around cool lady, but she is also a dancer and has always been really supportive of my love of all things movement related.

We went to see Maria Gillespie’s modern dance concert, and had a really good time. The dancers were terrific (although they did speak a bit in it, much to Kelly’s dismay…she’s a dance purist, and therefore would rather the text stay on the page thank you very much). I don’t think I can put a video of it on here, but I’ll try to find some other cool dance tid bit to include. Hhmm…no video, but here’s a link to some of Maria’s very cool dance photos:

http://www.onidance.org/cms/gallery/

Anyway, the concert was great also because it reminded me that I can leave the house and that Jamie and Felix will look after each other and be fine. SOooo I plan to do more of that! Look out dance world, Amy’s back in town.

PS - as I was posting this I saw that the Hindu God of the Week on the blog is Nataraja, Lord of the Dance - nice little coincidence!

3 comments:

  1. Good - that means that you can come to our next show & dance!!! Great to see you guys this weekend!!

    Love - Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - that Astronomy picture is wild!! Lenticular clouds - crazy man.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the clouds. Did you happen to see the moon last night? Incredible! It was rising as I was giving Felix his dinner, and mushy sweet potato and banana never felt so magical.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete